YMCA Swimming and Lessons
The Y offers a wide range of swimming options for the whole family. Swimming builds self-confidence and develops the whole person – spirit, mind and body. Classes are divided into ability groups while trained instructors who emphasize personal safety, swimming skills, endurance and social skills guided with praise and encouragement.
For non-members, Join the YMCA Today!
If you are a current Y member and want to sign up for our swimming programs:
- Sign up in person by visiting the YMCA branch closest to you.
- Sign up via online program registration – select one or more branch locations and choose your class.
The YMCA of Philadelphia & Vicinity offers the following member benefits:
- A wide-variety of healthy living programs for people of all ages, including exercise, nutrition and healthy lifestyle support
- Fully trained staff that is always ready to assist you
- Free wellness consultations with trained fitness coaches that will help you set and achieve your goals
- State of the art cardio and strength training equipment
- Clean and well maintained facilities
- Many free land and water group exercise classes
- Free babysitting services to ensure that your child is in a safe environment while you work out
- The opportunity to train and become a Y mentor, tutor or activity coach
- The opportunity to build relationships with others members and volunteers
- AWAY – (Always Welcome at a Y) Home away from home access to Ys across the country and around the World
Each branch offers a wide variety of programs and services. For more information, explore this website or visit your local YMCA location.