ARE YOU IN?
The Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA is a non profit organization committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Our community faces growing challenges in these three areas that no other organization can impact like the Y can. We all need the Y in our lives.
Why You Should Give
There are many different reasons why you should give to the Y. Every day, we change lives. Every day, we help thousands of children, teens, adults and families in our community. This story is just one example of the Y’s impact on our members:
Lucia came to the Spring Valley Y in search of a way to engage her son, Guiseppe, in more activities outside his home and school environment. There she met the Youth and Special Abilities Director, and expressed her need of a positive environment for her family to grow and thrive. Lucia is an Italian-American woman who is currently supporting her non-English speaking mother, and her wonderful son, Guiseppe. Guiseppe has a number of developmental delays and requires extensive attention and numerous therapies.
Lucia and her family now participate in a variety of programs at the Spring Valley Y. Since joining in August, Lucia has taken up yoga, and Guiseppe enjoys Friday Night with Friends, a weekly social skills group for adults with special needs. Guiseppe is making new friends in a caring, supportive environment. Lucia is very happy and grateful for her family’s membership to the YMCA and will be the first one to tell you how blessed her family is.
Last year, the Spring Valley Y gave over $583,000 in financial assistance to our community to enable everyone access to Y membership, programs and services, regardless of their income. From safe spaces to academic achievement to family well-being and more, when you donate to the Y, you’re giving those in need the opportunity to thrive. We help 1 out of 10 Spring Valley Y members achieve better health and wellness through your generous annual donations. This year, our goal is to raise $115,000. We can only do this with your help.
Here’s what your donation to our Annual Campaign will do:
- $50 gives a child a session of Youth Swim Lessons to learn swimming skills and water safety
- $55 enables a child to learn a new skill, teamwork and sportsmanship during a season of a Youth Sport League
- $100 reinforces healthy living to one adult during 2 sessions of Group Training
- $372 opens the door to a 7th grader for a year membership, giving them a safe place to belong
- $500 socially engages 2 special needs children in programs and activities for one year
- $540 encourages a senior to be more active and social at the Y
- $800 sends 4 children to Summer Day Camp for a week allowing them to explore and enjoy summer as only a child can
- $1,000 inspires one low-income family to share a year of healthy living and fun experiences
- $2,500 includes 2 special needs children in 7 weeks of summer camp to socialize, succeed and build self-confidence
- $5,000 provides 3 children with 1 full year of child care or after school programming
- $10,000 sends 50 children to summer camp for 2 weeks to develop creativity, independence and a sense of teamwork
Ways to Give
Make a one-time, weekly or monthly gift through your credit card in a convenient online donation by clicking the button below:
Round Up Your Monthly Membership Dues
Add any amount to your monthly membership bank or credit card draft. Stop by the Welcome Center to complete the authorization.
Make a Pledge
Fill out a pledge card, available at the Welcome Center, enclose your donation (cash or check) and return it to the Welcome Center.
Make a Pledge with Invoice
Fill out a pledge card, check the “Bill Me” option and return it to the Welcome Center. We’ll be happy to send you a payment reminder at the frequency of your choice.
Fill out a pledge card, check the “Please Charge My Card/Account” and fill in your information. We’ll charge your card/account as requested at the frequency of your choosing.
Share Your Story
YOU are our greatest advocate. Share how they Y has impacted your life and help us reach more potential donors to enable us to change more lives. Share your story:
- Fill out a Story Card, available at the Welcome Center or available here to print at home. Please return complete Story Cards to the Welcome Center.
- Submit your story by email by clicking the button below