PLAY. LAUGH. LEARN.
The Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA is the largest provider of Child Care in Pennsylvania!
School Age Child Care
Did you know?
- The YMCA is the largest provider of Childcare/Child Development programs nationally and we have a large number of local programs.
- Currently, we have a valued relationship with the Owen J. Roberts, Pottsgrove and Pottstown School Districts and operate Before and After School programs.
- The YMCA is conveniently located in Pottstown.
- All of our programs are licensed by DHS and we have an extensive Keystone STARS background. Our programs have good relationships with both organizations and have an unlimited number of resources at our fingertips.
- The YMCA offers seamless programming throughout the year by offering School Age Care, Day Camp and care when school is closed for in-service days, snow days, and school emergency closings.
Before Care (6:30-8:30 am)
Before Care is a program designed to promote child development by providing activities in the form of Arts & Crafts, games, fitness, etc.
After Care (3:00-6:00 pm)
In the afternoon, a snack will be provided and children will have the opportunity to work on homework. For the remainder of the afternoon, the children will have a well-rounded learning experience with a focus on fun and friends. We promote child development through enrichment activities and creative learning experiences. We emphasize character development that is reinforced through all activities and events.
Before & After Care is located at:
Owen J Roberts School District locations:
- East Coventry Elementary
- French Creek Elementary
- North Coventry Elementary
- West Vincent Elementary
Pottsgrove School District locations:
- Lower Pottsgrove Elementary
- Ringing Rocks Elementary
- West Pottsgrove Elementary
Pottstown School District locations:
- Barth Elementary
- Franklin Elementary
- Lincoln Elementary
- Rupert Elementary
For more information:
- Contact Kendall Madeja at Kendall.Madeja@philaymca.org | 610-323-7300 x2915
Holiday Care is provided at the Pottstown YMCA for the Pottstown & Pottsgrove School Districts and East Coventry Elementary for Owen J. Roberts School District on most days that the schools are closed, including most in-service days and holidays. The program is offered at those two locations from 6:30am – 6:00pm. For full snow day closures care for all school districts will be at the Pottstown Y.
Location: Pottstown YMCA- 724 N. Adams St. Pottstown, PA
East Coventry Elementary- 932 Sanatoga Rd. Pottstown, PA
School Age Registration Information
Children are accepted throughout the year on a space available basis. Payments are on the first of the month. All registration information is available online or at the Pottstown YMCA Welcome Center desk. Please complete the information and contact Kendall Madeja School Age Child Care/Camp Director Kendall.Madeja@philaymca.org for further enrollment details including prices.
Pottstown YMCA Preschool programs are more than a play group, this is your child’s first experience away from parents and guardians. The Y supports a child-centered environment to early childhood education. This allows us to adjust to the needs of the child with independent classroom exploration and active social time.
- Infant Care: 6 weeks – 12 months
- Toddler Care: 13– 35 months
- Preschool: 3-5 years
- Accept state subsidy (CCIS) & offer Financial Aid to those who qualify
- Pottstown YMCA offers a complete state licensed early learning center ranked at 3 Stars through Keystone Stars
For more information contact Karrie Showalter, Kshowalter@philaymca.org