Camp Philly! is a partnership between Philadelphia Parks & Recreation (PPR) and YMCA Camp Speers. 200 Philadelphia Youth will have the opportunity to attend 6 days, 5 nights of overnight summer camp in the Poconos.
Space is Limited! How Do You Apply?
In order to apply for Camp Philly Scholarship (valued at $900) to attend Camp Speers, interested families must complete an application and submit it to your recreation leader along with the $30.00 Application Fee by Friday, June 30th, 2017. Please refer all questions to your recreation leader.
Below is a list of the qualifications needed to apply for a Scholarship to attend Camp Philly:
- Child must be recommended by a Recreation Leader
- Child must be an active program participant at a Philadelphia Parks & Recreation Facility
- Child should be able to swim. If your child cannot swim, they can take free swim lessons at a local YMCA
- A physical is required prior to attending camp
- Child must be between ages 9 and 11
- Child must be okay being away from home and away from electronics
- Parents and Child/Children must attend all Information and Program sessions provided by PPR and YMCA
Check out our brochure and application!
Visit Parks and Recreation here!
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Bank of America
Homeowners Association of Philadelphia
Judy & Ken Weinstein
Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA